Health Education Minor
Health, Physical Education & Recreation
College of Education and Human Service Professions
Students with other majors who have a strong interest in health education and promotion may choose to complete the minor in health education with focus on health promotion. The coursework covers health content and health education/promotion program planning that would be applicable to various employment settings.
This program is available:
A GPA above 2.0 is preferred for the following:
Students already enrolled as majors in CEHSP will be given priority for admission to the health education - health promotion minor. Enrollment for the minor will be determined twice a year - October 1 for spring semester and March 1 for fall semester. Contact the HPER department for more details.
For information about University of Minnesota admission requirements, visit the Office of Admissions website.
Upper Division (17-18 cr)
Apply for admission to the upper division after completing the lower division courses, earning 60 credits, and having 2.50 GPA.
HLTH 3301 - Foundations of Health Education and Promotion (3.0 cr)
HLTH 3303 - Health Education and Promotion Program (3.0 cr)
HLTH 3307 - Conducting and Managing Worksite Health Promotion Programs (3.0 cr)
HLTH 3400 - Facilitating Healthy Lifestyle Change (3.0 cr)
Other 3xxx courses with permission from program coordinator.
Take 5 - 6 credit(s) from the following:
· ESAT 3210 - Exercise Adherence (3.0 cr)
· ESAT 3432 - Exercise Leadership (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3101 - Community Health (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3115 - Consumer Health Education (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3116 - Principles of Epidemiology and Human Disease (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3117 - Principles of Sex Education (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3118 - Women's Health Issues (3.0 cr)
· HLTH 3500 - Environmental Health (3.0 cr)
· HPER 3100 - Risk Management (2.0 cr)